Now that you have your VideoWalk hardware, you’re ready to start capturing! Here are the steps for the VideoWalk mobile workflow:
1. Connect your Insta360 One X or your Garmin VIRB to your phone via the camera’s WiFi.
- If you’re using an Insta 360 One X, consult this article for help with connecting your camera, or if you’re using a Garmin VIRB 360, click here for steps.
2. Open your drawing, then select “Walk” mode from the menu on the bottom of your screen.
3. With your crosshair cursor, indicate your starting position on the floor plan. It’s helpful if you choose an easily recognizable location on the drawing. This will help with the accuracy of where the start pin was dropped in the drawing in relation to reality, and for correcting the path on the backend if needed. This will initiate a countdown. Once you see a green dot pinned on your drawing in your starting position, begin your walk!
Note: to ensure that StructionSite’s AI-powered computer vision can accurately map your route, walk at a normal pace, as if you’re holding a hot cup of coffee.
4. When you finish, click the stop button. A pop-up will open, asking “Are you sure you want to end your walk?” Select “End Walk.”
5. After selecting “End Walk,” please use the crosshair cursor to indicate your stopping position. As when you started, make sure to stop your walk by an easily recognizable location on the drawing and in reality to help ensure your path will accurately map to the drawing. This will leave a red dot on your drawing.
6. After you have completed all of your VideoWalks, connect your mobile device to your regular WiFi network and sync them by selecting the cloud icon on the top left corner of your screen.
Once you have synced your VideoWalk, you’re able to view your results in as little as 24 - 48 hours!
Please note that we suggest keeping your VideoWalks within the timeframe, and also to stop your walks before moving onto another level.
(To ensure your walk is processed within the turnaround time, make sure you’re following our Best Practices.)