While we always recommend capturing VideoWalk directly through the StructionSite app and syncing them, sometimes you may need to manually upload content from your desktop. In these cases, StructionSite allows users to upload content directly from your desktop.
Note: Manual VideoWalk uploads require a feature to be turned on per project, so please reach out to [email protected] or your Customer Success Manager before attempting the steps below.
To Add Content from Your Desktop:
1. Open the drawing you want to manually upload content on.
2. Click the "Add Pin" icon near the upper left-hand corner of the screen (the one with the “+” symbol) and select 360° VideoWalk.
Note: if you do not see this option, please reach out to [email protected] to enable this feature.
4. Choose both the starting and ending points for your VideoWalk
5. A screen will appear for you insert the 360 video files. MP4 or .insv file types are accepted. In order to make a MP4 file out of two .insv files, please see the steps outlined here. It is prefered to use the MP4 file format, as there will be less processing to do after submission.
* Videowalks are stored on the camera as .INSV files. There will be 2 .INSV files, one for each lense of the camera, associated with each walk. You can identify the files that belong together by looking at the file names which will be numbered the same.
6. Ensure that you are selecting Timelapse as the VideoWalk type
7. After you have uploaded the files, press Add and you will see a spinning wheel with the upload progress
8. Once the upload has been completed, you will see a yellow box on the top left of your drawing. You will receive an email when processing has been completed.
We hope this article has been helpful and should you have any questions please reach out to [email protected]