Start with this video!
Connect your Insta360 ONE X2 using these steps:
1. To avoid conflict between apps, make sure the Insta360 app is closed.
2. To initiate this process, in the StructionSite Mobile app, open a drawing and select either the "360" or "Walk" capture options, then click the "Connect" icon.
3. In “Select a Network or Camera,” choose the Insta360 ONE X2.
4. With your ONE X2 turned on, navigate to your mobile device's settings and select WiFi.
5. Choose your ONE X2's WiFi network, which will resemble this format: ONE X2 8MH94U.OSC. Then, enter the camera’s password, which for all ONE X2’s is 88888888 (eight 8's). The camera will then be connected to your mobile device.
6. After inputting the camera's credentials, return to the StructionSite app to complete the app connection. You will see the camera's WiFi credentials fields have auto-filled. Our app memorizes these credentials for subsequent connections.
7. Press the "Connect Insta One X2" button and, after a few seconds, you will receive a confirmation message.
NOTE: If you are using your ONE X2 camera for the first time, make sure that you have activated the camera in the Insta360 app. You can find steps for activating your ONE X2 here.
Note: Before capturing, make sure your ONE X2 is capturing in 360 mode instead of 150. If not, an error message will display.
At this time, there is no firmware update required in order to connect your Insta360 ONE X2 camera to the StructionSite app. Currently, the Insta360 ONE X2 comes stock with firmware v1.0.9, which the most up-to-date firmware for the camera.
In the future, Insta360 may release firmware updates that are required to pair the camera with third-party apps, such as StructionSite. Refer to this article for the steps to update the firmware.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions please reach out to [email protected].