Sometimes, when you try to upload a certain type of PDF, the markups don't show up; also, there may be an issue when you try to export the PDF and it shows up as blank, part of the PDF is occluded/black, or markups don't show up. Or, you may see an error message like this when trying to export a PDF:
The reason this occurs is because the PDF that you had initially uploaded is a very complex vector PDF, which we are unable to support in terms of PDF exports yet. We are working on resolving this issue - we are very sorry for the inconvenience.
In the meantime, we have a workaround - turning your PDF into an image Rastor PDF.
-Original PDF that was uploaded
-BlueBeam 2016 or newer
Steps to enable exporting with hyperlinked images:
- Open the original PDF in BlueBeam,
- Click CTRL+P to initiate PDF Printing
- Click "Advanced" near the bottom left
- In "Printing Engine", choose "Image", and hit OK
- Ensure that "Auto-Select Paper Size" is checked, and that "Rotation" is set to "Auto Rotate 90"
- Click "Print" on the bottom right, and save the file onto your computer where you will remember
- Go to the list of drawings for the project on StructionSite, and hover over the problematic drawing until the "Edit" button appears
- Click Edit to open the "Edit Drawing" popup
- Browse for the PDF that you had exported in step #6, and click save
- Wait for the drawing to finish processing
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and hope to get this issue resolved shortly. If this does not work, please contact us at email@example.com or click on the chat button on the bottom right corner of the page.