Throughout a construction project, floorplans will be revised. When you're capturing, it's important to always be adding new content to the most up-to-date drawing.
To ensure that you're always capturing on the current drawing, we offer an upload method that syncs and automatically updates drawings from the most popular cloud-based construction software, including:
- AutoDesk 360
- Citrix Sharefile
- Sharepoint Online
- and more!
Setting Up this Syn
1. On your project's Drawings tab, select "+Add Drawing."
2. In the "Add Drawing" window, in the section "Upload from," select your drawing's cloud source.
NOTE: If choosing "Other," you will select your drawing's cloud source from a second window:
4. From here, steps vary per cloud provider. Follow the prompts on the next few screens to pick the drawings you'd like to sync. We recommend you choose only the drawings required for photo-capture purposes (i.e. architectural floorplans, exterior plans, etc.).
- For Procore: You will be asked to provide your credentials in order to choose the project that contains the drawings you'd like to sync. Once logged in, choose your project and select the checkboxes next to the drawings you'd like to sync. Your credentials will stay secured on Procore's servers.
- For Egnyte: Input your company's page (i.e. COMPANY.egnyte.com) and use your credentials to access the files you'd like to Sync.
- For all others (Box, OneDrive, Sharefile, etc.): Use your login credentials to access your cloud provider and select which drawings to sync to StructionSite. You can hold the "Ctrl" key to select multiple drawings at once.
Whenever a drawing gets updated on any of these cloud-storage platforms, the drawing will automatically be slipsheeted on StructionSite. As long as the revised sheet is the same dimensions as the previous drawing, all existing photos that you might have already captured will stay in place.
NOTE: On all cloud providers, slipsheeting processes twice per day: at 12pm EST & 6pm EST.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org