Video Tutorial - Hardware and Field Best Practices
NOTE: It is absolutely essential that the firmware is updated prior to using mobile VideoWalk. The workflow will not work otherwise.
(more cameras coming soon)
-Omnidirectional light (if walking indoors with inconsistent lighting)
If you do not have a VIRB, request one from us and we will send you a VideoWalk kit with the camera included! Request it by clicking on the chat button on the bottom right of your screen.
Updating the firmware
- Download the Garmin VIRB app to your mobile device
- Connect the Garmin VIRB to your mobile device via WIFI (from the main menu, select Wireless > Wi-Fi, and select the Wi-Fi toggle switch to turn on the Wi‑Fi radio)
- Open the Garmin VIRB app and follow the on-screen instructions
First time setup of the Garmin VIRB
- Ensure you have a mini-SD card inside of the camera, with at least 16GB of space
- Change the mode into Timelapse Video recording mode
- Set timelapse interval to 1/2 second
Using the Mobile Workflow
Step 1. Connect the VideoWalk capable camera to your phone via Wifi.
Step 2. While navigating a drawing, select “Walk” mode
Step 3. Specify your starting position
Step 4. Walk! Some tips: to ensure that StructionSite’s AI-powered computer vision can keep track of your movement:
-Walk at a normal walking pace
-Pause briefly in doorways
-Walk slower through narrow hallways and tight spaces.
-Try to end at the opposite end of the building; Do not end exactly where you started
Step 5: When you finish, move your position over your end point and hit the Stop button
Step 6: Repeat steps 3-5 in multiple areas of the project or multiple levels, until you’re satisfied with the coverage
Step 7: Turn off the 360 camera and sync.
You will receive an email notification when the path is in process and will be ready to be viewed shortly!