- Sync your project to your device before going out to field (actually open up the project).
- Set up your tags before capturing. It's easier to tag while capturing then it is after the fact.
- Make sure both your camera and mobile device is fully charged before going out to the field.
- Ensure you have sufficient space available on your SD card/camera's internal storage.
- Know how to connect your camera ahead of time.
- Make sure your gloves are touchscreen-sensitive ( you will be using your mobile
- Avoid capturing by simply holding in your hand. We recommend using a monopod setup. (See our Recommended Hardware gear article here!)
On a similar note, make sure the camera is level and not moving while capturing. This almost always results in sub-par images.
- Use artificial light when needed. ( See our blog post write up)
- Use progress mode when going back to the same area. It's can get messy quick!
- If capturing exterior, roof, or if you're still in the dirt, calibrate your GPS to easily track your photos positions. (How to article here.)
- Makes sure to sync you photos as soon as you're back on stable WiFi. We don't want you to lose all of your photos.