Updating the Insta360 Camera Firmware
1. Connect your camera to the Insta360 app.
2. In the Insta360 app, open the "Settings" page, which is displayed as the hex nut icon in the menu at the bottom right of your screen.
3. Under "Camera Settings," the line titled "Firmware version" will list your camera’s current firmware.
4. To trigger the update, next to “Firmware version,” click on version listed. In this example, it's listed as v1.1.16.
5. In the window that opens here, select “Start to download.”
6. The camera will begin downloading the latest firmware version. This process may take several minutes to complete.
7. Once the download has finished, select “Update Now.”
8. The Insta360 app will upload the new firmware to your camera, which may also take a few minutes.
9. The “Waiting for camera to complete firmware update” window will open. Here, your camera is finalizing the update, and will automatically restart once complete.
10. After your camera has restarted, reconnect it in the Insta360 app. In the “Settings” page, you will now see the most recent firmware version listed.
Note: After the firmware has been updated, please fully close the Insta360 app before attempting to capture on StructionSite again.
Alternatively, you can update the camera firmware using your computer—to do so, follow these steps:
1. Connect your camera to your computer in one of two ways:
Insert the Micro SD card directly into your computer using a Micro SD card adapter.
With the camera turned on, connect your camera to your computer via a USB cable to access the Micro SD card.
2. Download firmware from Insta360's site here.
NOTE: Once downloaded, ensure that this file is saved as "Insta360OneRFW.bin", or "InstaOneXFW.bin" otherwise your camera will not be able to update the firmware.
3. Drag and drop the firmware .bin file into the root folder of the micro SD Card.
NOTE: The Micro SD card’s root folder is the highest folder in which you can drop the .bin file. You'll see the DCIM directory also stored in the root folder.
4. Unplug the camera from the computer, or if you connected the Micro SD card directly to the computer, eject and insert the Micro SD card back into your Insta360 camera.
5. Restart your camera and wait for the new firmware file to be detected and for your camera to complete the update.
Once you've updated the firmware for your camera, you will be able to connect your camera to the StructionSite mobile app and begin capturing 360 Photos and VideoWalks.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions please reach out to [email protected]