Update firmware following the instructions below:
1. Connect the Insta360 ONE X camera to Insta360 ONE X app.
2. In the ONE X app, open the "Settings" page, which is displayed as the gear icon in the menu at the bottom right of your screen.
3. Scroll down to the "App Settings" section, and select “About Insta360.”
4. Click "Firmware version." Here, you will be prompted to “Download the latest firmware."
5. Click "Download."
6. Wait while the firmware downloads, then transfers.
7. Lastly, choose "Understand."
8. Your ONE X display screen will indicate that it's checking and updating to this new firmware version. Once completed, restart your camera. At startup, the camera's display screen will show the Insta360 logo and list the new firmware version.
Note: After the firmware has been updated, please fully close the Insta app before attempting to capture on StructionSite again.
Alternatively, you can update the Insta360 ONE X firmware using your computer—to do so, follow these steps:
1. Connect your ONE X to your computer in one of two ways:
- Insert the Micro SD card directly into your computer using a Micro SD card adapter.
- With the camera turned on, connect your ONE X to your computer via a USB cable to access the Micro SD card.
2. Download firmware from Insta360's site here.
NOTE: Once downloaded, ensure that this file is saved as "InstaOneXFW.bin", otherwise your ONE X will not be able to update the firmware.
3. Drag and drop the firmware .bin file into the root folder of the micro SD Card.
NOTE: The Micro SD card’s root folder is the highest folder in which you can drop the .bin file. You'll see the DCIM directory also stored in the root folder.
4. Unplug the camera from the computer, or if you connected the Micro SD card directly to the computer, eject and insert the Micro SD card back into your ONE X.
5. Restart your ONE X and wait for the new firmware file to be detected and for your camera to complete the update.
You can confirm the firmware updated correctly by turning on your ONE X. At startup, the camera's display screen will show the Insta360 logo and list the firmware version. This should match the version listed on Insta360's site when you download the firmware .bin file.
Once you've updated the firmware for your ONE X, you will be able to connect to the StructionSite mobile app and begin capturing 360 Photos and VideoWalks.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org