NOTE: Installing the firmware from the Insta360 app or website will only support 360 Photo capture, not VideoWalk. Follow the steps HERE to use the Insta360 ONE R for VideoWalk.
Update firmware following the instructions below:
1. Connect your ONE R to the Insta360 ONE R app.
2. In the ONE R app, open the "Settings" page, which is displayed as the hex nut icon in the menu at the bottom right of your screen.
3. Under "Camera Settings," the line titled "Firmware version" will list your camera’s current firmware.
4. To trigger the update, next to “Firmware version,” click on version listed. In this example, it's listed as v1.1.16.
5. In the window that opens here, select “Start to download.”
6. The ONE R will begin downloading the latest firmware version. This process may take several minutes to complete.
7. Once the download has finished, select “Update Now.”
8. The ONE R app will upload the new firmware to your camera, which may also take a few minutes.
9. The “Waiting for camera to complete firmware update” window will open. Here, your camera is finalizing the update, and will automatically restart once complete.
10. After your camera has restarted, reconnect it in the ONE R app. In the “Settings” page, you will now see the most recent firmware version listed.
Alternatively, you can update the Insta360 ONE R firmware using your computer—to do so, follow these steps:
1. Connect your ONE R to your computer in one of two ways:
- Insert the Micro SD card directly into your computer using a Micro SD card adapter.
- With the camera turned on, connect your ONE R to your computer via a USB cable to access the Micro SD card.
2. Download firmware from Insta360's site here.
3. Drag and drop the firmware .bin file into the root folder of the micro SD Card.
NOTE: The Micro SD card’s root folder is the highest folder in which you can drop the .bin file. You'll see the DCIM directory also stored in the root folder.
4. Unplug the camera from the computer, or if you connected the Micro SD card directly to the computer, eject and insert the Micro SD card back into your ONE R.
5. Restart your ONE R and wait for the new firmware file to be detected and for your camera to complete the update.
Once you've updated the firmware for your Insta360 ONE R, you will be able to connect your camera to the StructionSite mobile app.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com