The Insta360 One X camera will not work out of the box without first updating the firmware. The firmware must be updated using instructions below.
To update the firmware using the Insta360ONEX mobile app:
- Connect the Insta360 One X camera to your phone via cable in order to access the micro-SD card, and make sure the camera is on (by long-pressing the lower, smaller button on the front).
- Open the Insta360ONEX mobile app, click on the settings tab, scroll to the bottom and select “About Insta360” then click "Firmware version. From there you will be prompted to “Download the latest firmware”, click the following download prompt and then choose Understand.
To update the firmware using your computer:
- Alternatively, if you do not have the right cable to connect the camera to your computer, you can insert the MicroSD card directly into your computer using a MicroSD card adapter.
- Connect the Insta360 One X camera to your computer via a USB cable in order to access the micro-SD card, and make sure the camera is on by long-pressing the lower, smaller button on the front.
- Download this .bin file and drag it into the root folder of the micro-SD Card https://www.insta360.com/download/insta360-onex
- Unplug the camera from the computer (or if you connected the micro-SD card directly to the computer, insert the Micro-SD card back into the Insta360 Camera). Ensure the Insta360 One X camera is off. Turn it back on (by long pressing the smaller lower button on the front side), and wait for the new firmware file to be detected and camera updated. You will see the text "FW Checking" and then "FW Update Start' flash on the LED screen which will indicate the firmware update was detected and has been initiated.
NOTE: The 'root' folder of the micro-SD card is simply the highest folder you can drop it into. There will not be a folder named 'root', just drop the file directly onto the micro-SD card without dragging it into a specific folder
ALSO NOTE: If you have already updated your Insta360 ONE X firmware before, you may already have a .bin file on your micro-SD card. Be sure you completely replace OR just delete that old firmware .bin file, otherwise when you proceed to the next step the newest firmware will not take.
Once you've updated the firmware for the Insta360 One X camera, you can proceed to connecting it to the StructionSite mobile app via Wifi.