The regular way to add users to StructionSite in the team page is to click "Add User" and manually type in/insert a set of emails for users to receive invites to join a project.
The problem with this method is as follows
- Sometimes the invitation emails are ignored
- Emails may end up in junk mail
- As the project progresses and more people want to use StructionSite, having to manually add them every time is a time-consuming process that disrupts your day-to-day activities
An alternative way to bringing on new users to a project is to generate a public encryped share link, where users can join a project themselves if they have a link.
- To access this link, go to the team page on the web app, and click "Share Link" at the top right of the page.
2. Select whether you want users who access the link will join the project as Administrators or Collaborators. If you are unsure of what type of permission level you'd like to give users in general, we recommend you have them join as "collaborators", and you can change their permission level at any time on the web or mobile app.
Note: When you change the permission type between admin or collaborator, the link itself will change. You can generate 2 separate links and send them to different groups of people as needed.
Users who then access the link will be asked to either sign up for a new StructionSite account, or login using their existing credentials. In either case, after completion, they will now have access to the project (according to the permission level you had set in the invite link).
3. For convenience, you can set the invite link to either automatically approve access for anyone who joins, OR you can increase security by requiring approval first by an administrator before accessing the project.
If you choose to set the link to "require approval before accessing the project", a new user who signs up will receive the following message after logging in, telling them that they need to wait until you approve them.
From the administrator's point of view, they will see users who joined via the invite link have a "Pending" status, where they can click "Approve" or "Deny".
Upon clicking approve, the user will be able to get access to the project, and they will receive an email notification with a link to access it straight away on either their desktop web or mobile device.