Throughout a construction project, floorplans will likely change - walls may move, rooms added, etc., that's why when you're out taking 360 photos, it's important to always be adding these photos on top of the latest drawings.
In this day in age, project engineers/administrators have too many apps to manage, and separately ensuring that drawings on another app like StructionSite are always updated can be a hassle. That's why we've built some administrative automation to ease the burden by allowing you to sync drawings of your choice from among most popular cloud-based construction software:
- AutoDesk 360
- Citrix Sharefile
- Sharepoint Online
- WebDav, FTP, and more
- Click on the "Add Drawing" button in the drawings page of your project.
2. In the Add Drawing pop-up window, click on "Upload from Cloud".
3. Choose either Procore, Egnyte, or other (for Box, Sharefile, OneDrive, etc.)
4. Follow the prompts on the next few screens to pick the drawings you'd like to sync. We recommend you choose only the drawings required for photo-capture purposes (i.e. architectural floorplans, exterior plans, etc.)
- For Procore users: You will be asked to provide your credentials in order to choose the project that contains the drawings you'd like to sync. Once logging in, choose your project and select the checkboxes next to the drawings you'd like to sync. Your credentials will stay secured on ProCore's servers.
- For Egnyte users: Input your company's page (i.e. COMPANY.egnyte.com) and use your credentials to access the files you'd like to Sync
- For all others (Box, OneDrive, Sharefile, etc.): Use your login credentials to access your cloud service, and select which files to sync to StructionSite. You may hold the CTRL key to select multiple files at once.
Whenever a drawing gets updated on any of these cloud-storage platforms, the drawing will automatically get slip-sheeted on StructionSite. All existing photos that you might have already captured will stay in place.
On Procore, the sync occurs twice a day: at 6am and 12pm Eastern (3am and 9am Pacific). On all other cloud-storage platforms, the sync should occur within 10 minutes of the file getting updated.