- Please make sure your SD card is on this list of approved Garmin SD cards. You can see the full list here.
- Format your SD card - From the main menu on the camera display, use the arrows on the top of the camera to select Setup > SD Card > Format Card > [check mark].
- Connect to your camera's WiFi - On your VIRB 360 camera, from the main menu, select Wireless > Wi-Fi, and select the Wi-Fi toggle switch to turn on the Wi‑Fi radio. Then, go to the Wi‑Fi settings on your mobile device, and connect to the camera access point using the name and password on the camera screen.
- Update your camera’s firmware via the Garmin VIRB mobile app - Once connected to your camera's WiFi, open the Garmin Virb mobile app, go to Settings tab (gear top-right hand corner), and click “Check for Updates”
- Get a GPS lock on the camera (this step ensures your camera's clock is set correctly) - Turn the camera on. There is a small flashing icon on the camera screen that looks like a satellite. Wait until this stops flashing - this means the GPS has locked and the camera time will update automatically. Usually, you can accomplish this by placing the camera on a window sill with the window open. The camera sometimes can’t get a GPS connection indoors.
- Always use the Power button at the top of the camera to turn it on, not the switch on the side of the camera.
- All VideoWalks must be started via the StructionSite app.
Once the setup is confirmed:
- On your VIRB 360 camera, from the main menu, select Wireless > Wi-Fi, and select the Wi-Fi toggle switch to turn on the Wi‑Fi radio.TIP: You can also hold for two seconds to quickly turn the Wi‑Fi radio on or off.The camera broadcasts a Wi‑Fi access point. The access point name and password appear on the camera screen. While the Wi‑Fi radio is turned on, appears on the home screen, and the status LED flashes blue periodically.
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- Connect to the camera access point using the name and password on the Garmin VIRB 360 camera screen.
Note: If StructionSite still thinks that the camera is not connected after you’ve successfully connected to Wifi and you verify that the wifi-connection works on your mobile device, please try the following:
Download the Garmin VIRB 360 App and see if you’re able to control the camera. Update the Firmware if needed
If that does not resolve the issue, you likely have to perform a master reset. To do so, go to Settings>Setup>Factory Reset