We Currently Support the Following Devices:
For 360 Photos Only:
- Ricoh Theta V/S/SC
- Insta360 ONE & ONE X
- Aleta S2C
- LG 360
- NCTech iStar (original version)
For 360 VideoWalks
- Garmin VIRB 360
- Note: Insta360 One X for VideoWalks expected to be supported within Q2 2019
The image below shows what we want the ideal setup to look like. Notice we recommend keeping a monopod close to you instead of putting a tripod down and walking away from the camera to take the shot. Keeping a monopod close gets you a good quality photo (less blurry) and makes the walk much faster compared to walking away and taking the shot with yourself completely out of the picture. The setup below puts all items in a single unit, making it much easier to traverse through a busy jobsite.
The Ricoh Theta V has one of the better all-around cameras for past year plus. However, the new kid on the block (Insta360 One X) that that we're now supporting has even better quality images and video than the Ricoh Theta and is priced similarly (approx. $400). Because of the on board stabilizer and ability to record 360 video in 5.7K the Insta 360 will support VideoWalk™ in feature development.
For a ‘Starter Kit’ (and those looking for the best value just capturing 360 static photos) the Ricoh Theta V (NOTE: VideoWalk™ will not work with this camera). You can safely go with the Insta360 One X or Ricoh Theta V.
- Insta360 One X - high quality photos and video. Will eventually support VideoWalk™ (This function is coming soon) - $399
- Minimum 64gb High End micro-SD (needed for the Insta360 One X and Gear 360), holds - $24
You MUST select from this officially supported list of SD cards
- – https://amzn.to/2IT2AGj
- 72” Monopod - $20
- iPad/iPhone Holder (so you can use one hand) - $18
- R-PAL 300 Lumen Mountable omnidirectional light (For interior lighting in dark areas) - $130
- Intsun® 2pcs 3.7V 18650 4000mah Rechargeable Li-ion Battery and charger for Light - $17
REQUIRED FOR ABOVE LIGHT: Male to male 1/4" thread adapter (for light to mount camera on top of it) - $7
See article for examples: