At the end of a project, you may want to export or archive all of the photos you've captured during the project into a nice offline deliverable for the owner to leverage during the operation of the facility. The offline deliverable feature will allow you to obtain a large zip file (or series of zip files) containing the following:
- PDF's of all drawings/floorplans in your StructionSite project
- Within the PDF's, you will see pins that have hyperlinks to access the photos. These are "relative hyperlinks", meaning that as long as you keep the folder structure in-tact, the images will open up correctly from the PDF regardless of internet connectivity
- If you've leveraged the "Progress" feature when capturing photos, which allows you to stack multiple photos onto the same pin/location, then clicking on a PIN on a PDF will take you to an intermediary page that shows thumbnails for all photos taken at that location, along with date stamps. Clicking the thumbnail proceeds to take you to the photo itself.
You will need the following in order for the Offline Deliverable to function correctly:
- A PDF viewer installed (i.e. BlueBeam or Adobe Reader)
- FireFox or Internet Explorer (not currently compatible with Chrome)
- Enough space on your computer or USB drive to store all photos/PDFs
To initiate a project export, please do the following:
- While viewing a project on the web app, click the "Info" button to open up the Project Info popup
2. Click on the "Export" button found on the bottom left side of the popup.
3. After confirming, you will receive an email after the deliverable has finished processing on our servers. It will contain one or more zip files, depending on how large your project is and how many photos were taken.
4. Download the zip file(s) and unzip them onto a folder on your desktop, or onto a USB drive. The files must be unzipped to work properly.
5. Open up a PDF, and then click any pin to view the photo(s) there!
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or hit us up on live chat!